2012 Terre del Palio Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Previously $25) SKU #1263314

Price: Hidden

View Price

Tasting Notes

Terre del Palio is located in Siena and exclusively produces wines from their 160 hectares of estate vineyards. Their Vino Nobile di Montepulciano is comprised of 90% Sangiovese with 5% of each Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. A long, controlled fermentation precedes the wine's 18 months in Slavonian oak barrels before bottling. Ruby red color hints at the plum and blueberry fragrance with rich tobacco and minerality. These characteristics carry through to the palate with brightness, elegance, and a satisfying finish.

Staff Reviews

  • John Downing
    By: John Downing
    7/19/2016
    K&L Staff Member
    Vino Nobile has been a shrinking category in the US for many years mainly due to the competition from Chianti, higher price points and change in style. That being said, we are pleased to offer this new arrival from Montepulciano that's sure to impress. Hats off to my colleague Greg St Clair for sourcing this beauty. The Palio is 90% Sangiovese with the remaining 10% consisting of Cabernet and Merlot. The Bordeaux varietals add just the right depth and texture yet Sangiovese remains front and center. Wonderful aromas of earthy dark fruit are complemented by a round and juicy palate with just the right touch of acidity. This is outstanding Vino Nobile, period.
  • Greg St. Clair
    By: Greg St. Clair
    7/12/2016
    K&L Staff Member
    This is a sensational Vino Nobile. The nose is full of saddle leather, spice and iron, coming on bold and straightforward—no wafting around here! While this Vino Nobile’s structure shows unflinchingly on the palate, it takes a more claret-like direction, slowly opening to reveal a richer, more complex center that shows through the long finish. You should try this wine with Pici, Montepulciano’s hand-rolled spaghetti-like pasta, with a beef ragu!

Inventory

Real Time Inventory by Location:

The item you have chosen is in stock, and has inventory in at least one of our retail stores. Below is the current quantity on hand information for this product within our database. It is never more than five minutes old. Additionally, our shopping cart looks at real time inventory so when you add an item to you cart we will do an immediate check of available inventory and alert you if there are any issues.

Hollywood: 8

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup.

Customer Reviews



Email Alerts - exclusive access from K&L