2004 Coufran, Haut-Médoc SKU #1054986

$19.99

Add To Cart

Professional Reviews

Staff Reviews

  • Jeff Garneau
    By: Jeff Garneau
    7/23/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    An old K&L favorite and a bit unusual for a Left Bank property since the vineyards here are planted almost exclusively to Merlot rather than Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2004 Chateau Coufran, Haut-Médoc is 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon. Surprisingly ripe for the vintage, the wine displays rich, plummy fruit and soft tannins. Delicious, and a great value. Drink now.
  • Clyde Beffa Jr.
    By: Clyde Beffa Jr.
    7/13/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    The Miailhe family, owners of Coufran also have Château Verdignan in their portfolio. Coufran 2004 is structured, with dusty tannins, but over the rounded, smooth, almost jammy fruits, an accessible wine, showing good fresh acidity to finish. Tasted july 2018-old school Bordeaux at its best. Red berry flavors. Delicious value!
    Drink from 2018 to 2021
  • Alex Schroeder
    By: Alex Schroeder
    7/12/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    This is classic, aged Bordeaux under $20 at its best! It has full-fledged, very pretty red fruit, balanced out by savory notes of leather and sous-bois and the perfect touch of gamey earthiness. Decant for an hour and enjoy with your favorite cut of steak!
  • Gary Westby
    By: Gary Westby
    7/12/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    This is my style of Bordeaux. The Coufran has an amazing, generous nose of cedar and brambly, plummy fruit, texture that can only be won with patience and a very long finish. It doesn't have any trace of heaviness, and is very much in the medium bodied style that goes so very well with food. This estate has the highest ratio of Merlot planted that I know of on the left bank of the river at 85%. The remaining 15% is Cabernet Sauvignon. The vine age averages 40 years, giving this wine its authority and concentration of flavors, but not at the expense of ease of drinkability. I will be buying a case of this one for sure!
    Top Value! Drink from 2018 to 2034

Inventory

Real Time Inventory by Location:

The item you have chosen is in stock, and has inventory in at least one of our retail stores. Below is the current quantity on hand information for this product within our database. It is never more than five minutes old. Additionally, our shopping cart looks at real time inventory so when you add an item to you cart we will do an immediate check of available inventory and alert you if there are any issues.

Redwood City: 1
San Francisco: 1

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup.

Customer Reviews



Email Alerts - exclusive access from K&L