2016 Domaine des Remizières "Cuvée Christophe" Crozes-Hermitage Blanc SKU #1325185


JD 92 RP 92 VN 92
WS 92
Add To Cart

Professional Reviews

K&L Notes

Domaine des Remizieres are 4th generation winemakers that originally sold grapes to the local cooperative. After completing their winery in 1974, the family began production at their new property. The estate is now managed by Phillipe Desmeures, his daughter Emilie, and son Christophe. They have expanded to 30 ha with vineyards in Crozes-Hermitage, Saint-Joseph, and Hermitage. The Cuvee Christophe is named for son Christophe. The blanc is a blend of 85% Marsanne and 15% Roussanne aged in a mix of new and used barrique. It captures the essence of rich full bodied whites from the region.

Staff Reviews

  • Jacques Moreira
    By: Jacques Moreira
    K&L Staff Member
    Outstanding wine with an impressive orange, honey and white flowers aromatics, followed by a very complex palate. Wood spices, cloves, orange blossoms and even cinnamon, with a thick texture, but all in balance. It drinks like a wine at least twice its price.
  • Blake Conklin
    By: Blake Conklin
    K&L Staff Member
    Floral and slightly fruity on the nose, the Cuvée Christophe is well rounded, and perfectly balanced with great minerality and acidity. The 2016 vintage definitely carries the very essence of what a Rhone white should taste like. I couldn't help but think of how many oysters I wanted to eat with this wine. Here's to another fantastic year in the Rhone Valley with the 2016 vintage.
  • Thomas Smith
    By: Thomas Smith
    K&L Staff Member
    I am such a total Rhone nerd. And being so I loved the 2016 Remizieres Crozes Blanc. It showcases coconut, marzipan, and even a touch of spearmint. But the texture and weight of this wine is where all the intrigue is. This wine has massive size, and the mouthfeel is lush, supple and rounded. This is the luxury edition of the white wine world, that is so totally distinct and yet absolutely grounded in its tradition and history.
  • Morgan Laurie
    By: Morgan Laurie
    K&L Staff Member
    Family run for three generations, Domaine des Remizières follows a bio approach and strives to respect the terrior of the vineyards and surrounding environment throughout the year. The Cuvée Christophe is a blend of 85% Marsanne and 15% Roussanne, 30% of which sees new oak with the remaining 70% fermented in one year old barrel. There's a sumptuous, round texture with a lift of acidity and a long finish. Notes of pear blossoms and dried pears, orange oil and white peach giving way to a slight toasted brioche from the new barrel. One of my favorites from our last tasting and sure to please lovers of white Rhône wines.
  • Steve Bearden
    By: Steve Bearden
    K&L Staff Member
    This super value N. Rhone white is a bit more vibrant and focused than the last vintage. Aromas of dried fruit, wet stone, ginger and lanolin are followed by a middle filled with ripe stone fruit.. The peach, apricot and nectarine flavors are all infused with palate cleansing minerals.


Real Time Inventory by Location:

The item you have chosen is in stock, and has inventory in our warehouse and one or more stores. Below is the current quantity on hand information for this product within our database. It is never more than five minutes old. Additionally, our shopping cart looks at real time inventory so when you add an item to you cart we will do an immediate check of available inventory and alert you if there are any issues.

Hollywood: 6
Main Warehouse: 5
Redwood City: 3
San Francisco: 1

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup.

Customer Reviews

Email Alerts - exclusive access from K&L