2008 Dom Pérignon Brut Champagne SKU #1344996

Price: $179.99

JD 98 JG 98 JS 98
VN 98 DC 96 WS 96
Add To Waiting List

Professional Reviews

K&L Notes

The 2008 Dom Perignon is the greatest in a generation. The release date is 11/1/18!

Staff Reviews

  • Alex Schroeder
    By: Alex Schroeder
    9/20/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    This has a very aromatic, supple nose of bristling minerals, meyer lemon, apricots, acacia honey, and toasted pastry with just a touch of smoke. On the palate, it has classic 2008 intensity and concentration of fruit, with a dense core of white fruits, apricots and lemons, subtle autolytics, and amped up acidity that perfectly balances the richness, making this beautiful complex wine dance effortlessly across the palate. DP has knocked it out of the park with the 2008 vintage.
  • Gary Westby
    By: Gary Westby
    9/20/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    For me, this is the best young Dom Perignon I have ever tasted, better than the 2002, 1996 and even the 1990. We were treated to a preview bottle, and what a treat it was. I found the wine to have the classic Dom Perignon yeasty nose, but found it to be as transparent and pure in the mouth as their ethereal 2004. On the back end, the wine has concentration to spare, and blooming, chalky finish that seems to still be with me two days later as I type this. This wine is made from 95% grand cru fruit, with the balance of 5% coming from the historic 1er cru of Hautvillers, where the monk Dom Perignon worked and lived. As usual, this is very close to 50/50 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, although the powers that be do not like to discuss the cepage.
    Drink from 2018 to 2058
  • Scott Beckerley
    By: Scott Beckerley
    9/19/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    Yes, this one is ways off (for coming into stock) but, this week, I had the extreme good fortune to taste it. Initially, it has a classic, clean, 2008 mineral driven nose but, the yellow apple fruit peeks through to give us a "heads up" of what's to come. Hints of creme brulee and lemon curd. On the palate, again, the citrus fruit and clean, clear, acidity is at the forefront. After that, the golden apple fruit comes forth (again), this time joined by (subtle) toasted nuts. Long finish with the right amount of acidity and cleanliness. Another classic 2008!
  • Diana Turk
    By: Diana Turk
    9/13/2018
    K&L Staff Member
    What a beauty this Champagne is: exciting and elegant right out of the gate! Raw honey on the nose, with a hint of white floral alongside coveted yeasty notes, the 2008 vintage Dom Pérignon shines from the very first sip. Heady aromatics give way to sparkling minerality and bright lemon fruit on the palate, with surprisingly nimble richness. While the hallmarks of the racy 2008 vintage come through with laser precision, there is a roundness present as well, making this feel opulent yet vivid, all the way through the long, chalky finish. I can only imagine how incredible this will be with age. Plus, it’s 95% grand cru fruit, with the remaining 5% 1er cru from Hautvillers included as an homage to village of Dom Pérignon's abbey. Historic and celebrated, this 2008 is a stellar release and an experience not to be missed.

Inventory

Real Time Inventory by Location:

The item you have chosen is not in stock in our retail stores or within our main warehouse.

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup.

Customer Reviews



Email Alerts - exclusive access from K&L